Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Aww...My first blog post! (and other stuff)

Wow, so this is my first post on this new blog. I'm used to the character limit on Twitter, so if these first posts are awkward, please forgive. I'm sure I'll get nice and cozy in no time.

I have no idea who will read this, but just in case any of you don't have kids and don't want to hear about the daily adventures of having kids, you should probably be reading another blog.

Continuing on that subject, I have a very frustrating issue about my kids' clothes, and I'm hoping any other parents reading this can offer advice or suggestions about this. My youngest son and my oldest son are both pretty skinny kids. The oldest is about the average height for his age, the youngest is a bit on the short side, but they have the same problem. I can't seem to find a pair of pants for either of them that fits both in the waist and the inseam. Shorts aren't a problem because I can get a 2T or 3T for the little guy and a 5 or 6 for the oldest and the waists fit fine, but in regular jeans and other pants, I have to get a 4T for the little guy and a 7 or 8 for the oldest. They're both healthy and very active, they're just thinner than the apparent standard for children their heights. Some companies are offering adjustable waists in jeans and other pants, but even those are sometimes too big. It's really irritating that there are more than enough allowances for larger children, which I have to admit I see far less frequently than smaller children, but the smaller children seem to have less available options for them. Grr...

Anyway, thanks for reading the ranting, I much appreciate it. Also, if you like what you're reading, feel free to send me a comment either here or on my Twitter page at http:www//twitter.com/vjs829

-Vic



No comments:

Post a Comment