Monday, August 24, 2009

Ah, the weekend...

What a weekend! For me the only real difference between the weekend and the rest of the week is that on the weekend, the bf is actually home and we usually do fun stuff, where on the week days, he's at work most of the day and I'm at home doing the cleaning/taking care of the kids/making sure dinner is ready when he gets home thing, and honestly, very little of that is any fun, but taking care of the kids is by far the most enjoyable thing and the thing that makes me craziest.
That being said, this weekend, the kids went to go visit some family friends and are away with them on vacation for the rest of the week, so Matt and I had the place to ourselves and the freedom to get all the little things taken care of that we can't do when the kids are home. Did we think, even for a minute, about doing any of that crap? Hell, no! we wanted to have fun! So, after we dropped the boys off, we went to go visit my parents for a little bit because they're cool and fun to hang around with, then picked up some of Matt's stuff from his brother's place. Then, we went to Trader Joes and bought yummy snacks, but only because the Game Crazy was across the street.
So stupid me ( I say 'stupid me' here because it's way too easy to spend a crap ton of cash in that place) went to Game Crazy with my boyfriend and waited patiently as he perused the collection of games they had available for our Wii. I was trying to find something to look at while waiting patiently at the counter because he had found the Guitar Hero game I wanted and I wanted to make sure he didn't feel rushed looking for a game that he wanted. After giving him my iPhone so he could look up details of a particular game, I discovered that 'Lego: Batman' was on sale for ten bucks. I felt as though fate had forced my hand and that I simply had to have it. Especially because I already had 'Lego: Indiana Jones' and 'Lego: Star Wars- The Complete Saga' and the boys and I had just discussed the need for the Batman game to complete our collection. So, we now own all of the 'Lego' games for Wii.

Sunday, we had planned to see 'Inglorious Basterds', obviously not a kid-friendly activity, and we did that (another post will be forthcoming on the movie) fairly early. Then we got some stuff of mine from my bro's place and then off to another very dangerous place: Fry's. Luckily, Matt found the game he wanted (No More Heroes) and we set off to grab a quick drive-thru dinner and headed home.
We finished eating and then had to start playing the games. I have to start by saying that I had never played No More Heroes before and, in fact had not really heard anything about it until Matt brought it to my attention. It's so awesome!!!! It's like the Bride's fight with The Crazy 88's the whole way through! Constant sprays of blood and gore through everything! And when the characters phone rings, you have to hold the Wii remote to your ear to hear it! Way too much fun!!!
Which brings us to Lego Batman. This game is ridiclously fun. Pure awesome. Of course, if you're a Batman geek (and I am) or a Lego geek (strike two) and you like silly fighting games where the enemies are reduced to a pile of rubble when eliminated (strike three) you are almost predestined to love these games. Reducing the Joker to rubble was just something I couldn't resist.

And to bring our weekend to a close, we decided to watch 'A Nightmare Before Christmas' because, surprisingly enough, Matt had never seen it. So we watched it and surprisingly stayed awake for the entire thing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment